Regarding Apple iPhone “Electrocution”

Re: Apple iPhone “Electrocution” – VERY FIRST QUESTION would be the circumstances: 1. It was plugged in. 1b. Was it plugged into whatever proper power converter CERTIFIED BY APPLE and not some cheap ‘thingy’ – That is CRUCIAL to this investigation. The transformer is on the “wall outlet” end, not in the handheld unit. 2. Weather conditions/power fluctuations. Was it lightning? Or was it mismanagement or a failure in the “back-end” wall power supply? If THAT is what DID happen – then WE ALL KNOW you don’t use your phone or even sit in front of your TELEVISION (in the old days, when they used cathode-ray tubes, emitting radiation to a grid, called a “screen” – which is literally a phosphor screen that divides the radiation particles of energy from INVISIBLE and converts them into either RED, GREEN, OR BLUE (RGB) – use a magnifying glass on a CRT running often at 60 Hz (scanning laced/interleaved, or whatever) – similarly to the magnetron in your microwave oven, a similar SHIELD SCREEN is what you’re looking at when you peer into your microwave oven’s ‘window’ – a metal screen, and the SIZE of those HOLES in it are SET specifically to BLOCK the precise wavelengths of radiation, and also why every microwave oven cannot be turned on until the door is closed – and some DO LEAK. You can purchase detectors, even cheap ones… or use other home-made means (chemically, etc.) that are much cheaper. You can also purchase a credit-card sized “device” that scans for leakage by doing just this: like a radar gun, and this was first discovered in war when operators would warm their freezing hands up in front of the radar transmitter – well, if the phosphorous dots, etc. are overpowered through the capacitive system and the radiation emitter becomes overcharged/blown by a spike in your power supply (now we use LCD, LED sources, which are MUCH safer and emit much less radiation – but I grew up in the CRT age, and some of these systems use capacitors that WILL shock you, measured in Farads, and depending on where the circuit is completed through your body, you CAN die, usually through the heart, which is an electrical device. Also, it is why they say if you have a pacemaker, you see signs “Microwave oven in use. Those with pacemakers beware” or something to that effect.

But I don’t think radiation has anything to do with this. Of course, a lot of the iPhone technology is patented and secret, I’m pretty sure the battery type – esp, since you cannot ‘readily’ open it – it’s a ‘soft device’ – like your kindle, or your galaxy samsung, and many of the new ultra thin laptops with SSDs.. .they use a new-ish style of portable power source, called a LION.

Lithium ion polymer and other cell series/arrangements are not used other than in high-dollar devices, such as the types of things I use. For instance my TEN WATT LED powered by a Lion Polymer. It has cooling fins on it. But, so as not to reinvent the wheel, I grabbed this description, and I will cite my source at the bottom:

“Lithium ion polymer batteries, or more commonly lithium polymer batteries (abbreviated “Li-Poly” or “Li-Po”) are rechargeable batteries which have technologically evolved from lithium ion batteries. Their light weight, high power output and slow rate of self-discharge have made them extremely popular in R/C, especially electric aircraft.
It should be noted that in R/C applications, special care must be taken in their use. While much more volatile than nickel cadmium or nickel metal hydride batteries, lithium polymer batteries can be safely recharged hundreds of times over if one follows the guidelines below:

Chargers designed for use with Li-Po batteries must be used. Failure to do so runs the risk of explosion and/or fire.
The leads must never be allowed to short together. Immediate damage to the Li-Po will result.
Unlike their nickel-cadmium bretheren, Li-Po batteries must never be allowed to discharge below a certain point. Therefore, low voltage cutouts (LVC) on ESCs or ESC/receiver combinations must be set so as not to overdischarge (see below).
A battery involved in a severe crash should never be immediately loaded into a vehicle due to risk of fire.
Contents [show]
Safe chargingEdit
The majority of lithium battery fires happen during charging, so it makes sense to charge where a fire will not spread.
Do not charge inside a vehicle, especially a moving vehicle.
Charging in a heat-resistant ceramic container with a loose fitting lid is recommended. Flames, smoke and gas are released if a battery “vents.”
Metal containers can be used, but ensure the charging wires cannot be cut or shorted.
Keep batteries separated so that a fire cannot damage other batteries.
The charging container should be kept away from anything flammable.
Safe transportEdit
There have been very few cases of batteries suddenly exploding when they are not being used, abused or charged (i.e. during transport and storage). Lithium batteries are commonly air-freighted protected by a few layers of bubble wrap and small versions are carried around in mobile phones. Should shipping an R/C pack be necessary, pack it so it cannot be physically damaged.
Some fires have been caused because a dog was attracted to the smell of a lithium battery and bit it.”

Above within quotes is from


Brendon Tristal
July 16, 2013

tagsĀ Apple iPhone Electrocution, China, Power cells, batteries, high voltage, overseas, unknown power specs, certified Apple products vs generic USB power supplies for iPhone

One response to “Regarding Apple iPhone “Electrocution”

  1. What in the iPhone is “Made in America” other than the proprietary blueprints and software?

    Certainly not the battery, the transformer, nor ANYTHING that came in the box of my brand new iPhone. In fact, every tag I had to peel off said CHINA.

    Foxconn and their factory explosion trying to keep it a secret, too. Samsung is based in South Korea, so take your pick.. Android, or Apple.

    U.S. Ally, or China.. take your vote with your wallet. (I bought BOTH so forgive me)


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s